Bourjois | Rouge Edition Velvet


As autumn approaches, I'm already reaching out for the knits, dark nail colours and matte lip products. It's my favourite time of year and the matte lip trend is back again.

I am loving Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-Ist which is a matte liquid lipstick. It's similar to Apocalips Matte and the Anastasia Matte Lip Liquids.The lipsticks come in a form of a lip gloss but after a few minutes the product dries to a matte finish. Now a lot of people don't like matte products because they fear they are uncomfortable but this doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. This doesn't feel uncomfortable, it's the total opposite. Often I forget I'm wearing this on my lips, as it doesn't feel drying or textured. 

The colour is in between a mauve and bright pink, I wouldn't say it's a true nude like the name Nude-ist however it's a pretty colour for the day and would look good on a night out too.

The only thing I don't like is that when you eat/drink, it does transfer slightly but once re-applied, it looks perfect again. I've heard a lot of beauty bloggers rave about this and now it's pretty obvious why...

Rouge Edition Velvet is £8.99 and available from Boots, Superdrug & ASOS.


Sabi x

No comments

01 09 10