BEFORE & AFTER COLOURING MY HAIR (PROFESSIONALLY)


Whatever you do during this lockdown, do not colour your own hair. I repeat, do not colour your own hair at home. As tempting as it may be, just don't do it. I know personally how hard it is when the greys start creeping out and your colour starts to fade, but honestly those box dyes are just absolute shite. Don't believe the TV Ads (I've worked for a brand and seen what happens) as the results you see are not achieved with a £5.99 box dye...

 I got my hair done back in August from a salon in North London who I won't mention, because I thought their Covid-19 practices were dreadful however I was really happy with the results. I went from a faded light brown to a medium chocolate brown, in less than an hour and the results lasted a lot longer than those shitty box dyes.


Why you shouldn't used box dyes?

  • Hair colour must be customised for everyone because your hair is not just one colour. When a professional colours your hair they tend to use 2 tones to achieve the best result.
  • Your hair will become brittle, damaged and feel like straw.
  • They don't last.
  • Colour can leave your hair over processed, and affect the pores (check out hair porosity).
  • I could go on and on...


If you're looking for a quick solution outside of lockdown, turn to colour sprays. Whilst we are in lockdown, suck it up and just make sure to call your hair stylist as soon as possible to get an appointment.

Glossaholic xo

No comments

01 09 10