I Tried Microneedling | Skincare



Having watched Huda Beauty's YouTube videos, I knew a little bit about microneedling but not as much as I know now after getting my hands on the BeautyLab Titanium Microneedle Roller*

So what is a microneedle roller? 

A microneedle roller is also known as a 'dermaroller'. It's a facial tool with lots of titanium needles (0.3mm).

What does it do?

The longer the needles, the more effect it's going to have. There are different types of needle lengths available, I have the 0.3mm which is safe to use at-home however professionals would use a needle up to 1.5mm because they are qualified to do so without damaging your skin.



A 0.3mm microneedle roller enhances the delivery of active ingredients from your skincare products. Whereas a 0.5mm microneedle roller aids regeneration of skin, helps stimulate and triggers collagen and elastic production. This also helps promote skin and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and scarring from acne.

The thing with a microneedle roller is that you are causing a little trauma to the skin so that you can apply a product after, to accelerate the healing process and enhance the delivery of your skincare products.



How do you use it?

At first when I got it, I was shit scared. 
I was thinking how on earth do I use this tool?! It's super, super easy! BeautyLab have a step by step guide here.

BeautyLab say:

"Thoroughly cleanse skin with a cleanser to remove makeup, oils and impurities. Gently roll the roller over the skin vertically, horizontally and diagonally, a maximum of 10 times per area. Avoid the eye and lip area."


How often do you use it?

2-3 times a week however it's best not to overdo it especially if you are using a 0.5mm microneedle roller.




My experience?

It was painless, it did feel a little weird however it was really simple. I did it for around ten minutes across my whole face and spent more time on scars in particular as that's my main reason for using this. 

I did eventually purchase a serum after using this, as you're supposed to use a serum after microneedling. By the way, I'm so excited to use this new serum I've ordered which is supposed to be the best serum in the skincare game (more details on the blog once I've tested it!). 

My results?

I've only done this twice and so far so good. I did have a tiny spot which ended up flaking off and is already recovering. My skin right now is generally quite good so it's difficult to say it's done wonders for my skin, however my skin does feel a lot more glowy and as I mentioned any small bumps on my skin have been recovering a lot faster.

The more you use this over time, of course the better the results. If you're into your skincare and you don't have active acne, I would 100% recommend trying the BeautyLab 0.3mm Microneedle Roller. BeautyLab sell their 0.3mm for £29. You can buy some on Amazon and from other beauty retailers online however I'd say you're really paying for quality products with BeautyLab and the needles are real titanium therefore they won't rust which is really important.

Overall?

8/10 from me!



No comments

01 09 10