5 Fruits To Improve Your Skin | Skincare

Image Credit: Tastes Better Than Scratch



When it comes to skincare I am no expert however I have learnt things about my skin along the way of dealing with mild acne. For me, diet plays a very important role in my skincare routine. Products do offer added benefits to my skin however, I have found what I eat and drink benefits my skin a lot more. 

During 'quarantine' season, it's extremely difficult to eat clean and not raid the snack cupboard. I'm not going to lie, the snack cupboard is my favourite kitchen cupboard and I treat myself a lot more than I should especially during that time of the month. However, you need to have a good balance and really try your hardest in order to come out glowing for summer, autumn, winter, next year? Who knows.

Here are some of the fruits I've been eating and why you should add them to your shopping list...



Blueberries:

- Anti-aging.
- Contains significant amounts of zinc and iron.
- Packed with Vitamin C which is another antioxidant cruical for collagen production.
- Helps counteract acne.

Strawberries: 🍓 

- Packed with Vitamin C so boosts radiance.
- Removes excess oil on the skin, which causes acne and breakouts. 
- They contain salicylic acid which is pretty much in ever acne fighting product on the market.
- Packed with water so they are extra hydrating for your skin.

Plums:

- Helps inflammation 
- Evens skin tone
- Makes the skin firmer 
- Helps acne
- Helps sun damage

Pineapple: 🍍 

Anti-aging.
- Helps fight acne (you can even apply it to your face to help).
- Has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.

Lemons: 🍋 

- Best in hot water first thing in the morning.
- An antioxidant which naturally helps to flush out toxins.
- Protects skin from hyperpigmentation.
- Boosts radiance.

I try to mix it up as often as I can with other types of fruit like grapes, blackberries, raspberries etc because let's face it, eating the same thing over and over again can be boring. 

I hope this helps inspire you to keep your skin glowing this season and don't feel bad if you do go in the snack cupboard here and there in the week. Just remember to focus on moderation and take baby steps.




No comments

01 09 10