Everything You Need to Know About Microdermabrasion Facials | Skincare




Microdermabrasion facials is the least invasive facial you could get compared to other facials and chemical peels on the market. I’m not talking about those homemade facials either.


What is Microdermabrasion facial?

A microdermabrasion facial is basically a treatment that exfoliates the skin to help remove the layer of dead skin cells.

What happens during the treatment?


First your skin is buffed with a machine, think of it as a less painful and uncomfortable foot buffer but on your face. This happens for around 15 minutes so the thick outer layer of the skin is smoothed out before rejuvenating it.

Then a gel sheet mask is applied to your skin which is usually cold AF may I say. This contains hyaluronic acid and collagen which helps plump up the skin and hydrate it. 

Once the gel mask is on, a. negative and positive polarity tool is used to help penetrate deeper into the skin. This is probably where I feel a little zap which is just the polarity attracting to each other.

Does it hurt?

Not at all. I wouldn’t say it’s comfortable as you can feel something at the buffing stage but honestly it’s not bad at all.

Benefits?

Cleaned pores.
Brighter skin.
Smoother skin.
Even skin tone.
Eventually helps reduce acne / blemish marks.

How many sessions do you need?

It depends where you go but generally it’s 6 until you see the true results, however if you have ‘bad’ skin you may need more sessions. And you’ll need to go regularly. Getting a facial in my opinion no matter what type is a must if you want to clean your skin properly. You just can’t get the same results with a home facial routine and face mask. 

My verdict?

Book your appointment now. I used to suffer from mild acne and thankfully my skin has recovered however I have small minor scars which I want gone! They aren’t bad but the Caci Microdermabrasion facial has massively helped with lightening the scars.

If you do suffer from serious scarring and acne, don’t just book an appointment after reading this. Consult a professional and see what they would advise if you’re wanting a facial. In my case my diet and the consumption of dairy was a problem so I started with making a chance to that first (for 2 years) and used a prescriptive face gel before starting my facials. 

If you have any questions, feel free to comment or ask me on Instagram. 


No comments

01 09 10