Huda Beauty Resting Boss Face | Review


I've used a lot of different setting sprays over the years because long-lasting makeup is very important to me.I was recently in Sephora in Milan and picked up the Huda Beauty Resting Boss Face Setting Spray on the whim, whilst walking around the store a random sales assistant came up to me and said...
...'that is amazing btw, literally holds your makeup in place. Good choice!' and that's when I thought to myself yup I am so buying this.

The Huda Beauty Resting Boss Face is a setting spray that keeps your makeup in place for hours on end. The whole purpose of the setting spay is that you don't need to top up your makeup at all unlike other setting sprays. Even if you're sweating, oily or splash your face with water (not that you would do that anyway) it's not meant to budge. It gives you a matte finish so it's perfect for anyone with oily skin.

I don't have super oily skin, I'd say it's more combination. As the day goes on my makeup usually wears off in the T-Zone area more than anywhere else...

I applied my makeup around 6.45am and spritz my face around 3 times at 7.10am once my makeup was finished. I didn't apply any powder afterwards like I would after using my standard setting spray, or throughout the day at work.

By 4pm I checked my makeup, and yup it was still in place. I was going out after work so constantly was on makeup watch every time I popped to the ladies.

By 6pm I checked my makeup, and yup it was STILL in place. At that point I was like okay this stuff is amazing because it doesn't budge at all, made my makeup look flawless all day and matte (which is the finish I prefer when it comes to makeup, I'm not about that dewy look).

Pros:


  • Does what it says on the tin.
  • Holds your makeup in place all day.
  • 100ml bottle so will last you a good amount of time.
  • You literally only need 2 sprays. (Do not, I repeat, do not over spray).


Cons:


  • If you don't like scented makeup products, you won't like this as the scent is strong but not offensive.
  • Applying too much can make your makeup look cakey.
  • After spritzing your face, it will feel sticky until it dries.

I'd say this isn't an everyday product if you're just heading to work or to do some errands. However if you have a big event coming up, a night out, a wedding etc. this will literally keep your makeup in place all day/night. You won't need to top your t-zone area at all, so events wise this is your go-to product. I'd recommend using the Huda Beauty Primer and Easy Bake Powder as well as this Setting Spray if you do have an event coming up because her products work soooo well together.

If you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment below.

The Huda Beauty Resting Boss Face is available from Cult Beauty and is £27.


Glossaholic x 

No comments

01 09 10