Primer Water | Smashbox




As much as I love primers for making my foundation look 10x better and for actually staying on my face longer than 5 hours. A couple of months ago I ditched them in my daily routine, because my colleague (ex MAC makeup artist) told me I really don’t need to use one every single day. When I think about it, it’s an extra product going on my skin that it doesn’t need, and I could use something else which is a little lighter…


I’ve been using my sister’s Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water which comes in a spray, it’s alcohol, oil, and silicone free which is great. The main ingredients it does contain is water, caffeine and something called Diamond Powder. I did a quick search and found out Diamond Powder is an ingredient which is designed to battle the signs of aging and has exclusive minerals. Sounds fancy…

This can be used before or after you apply your makeup, or even both. I tend to use it before I apply my foundation if I’m not going out out and apply powder to set my makeup. But if I am going out out, I will do both, so it all depends on what YOU want.

I spritz my face around 3 times and it’s honestly so so light, makes your skin feel instantly refreshed and awake (guess this is the caffeine doing its thing) and most importantly it doesn’t make my skin break out.

If you’re looking for something that’s light for your skin, and won’t break you out, I’d definitely recommend this. But bear in mind it may not work for your skin, so always test the product out beforehand. There is a travel size available for £12 and a full sized Primer Water for £22  You can purchase it directly from the Smashbox website or get yours from Boots, and bag yourself some points too!

x

No comments

01 09 10