L'Oreal True Match Foundation | Review


Finding the right foundation shade when you're Indian is a right nightmare! Each time I've visited a makeup counter to get colour matched to a foundation, it's either been too dark or too pale. I've always been a MAC/Giorgio Armani girl when it comes to foundation and I tend to steer away from high street makeup brands because they don't tend to have a variety of shades to choose from. So, I was intrigued to try L'Oreal's True Match Foundation as they now have 23 shades to choose from and also I hear it's very similar to Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation and I'll guess you'll have to continue reading if you want to know if it is, or not...



Left: 3D/W Golden Beige - Right: 5N Sand
Finding the Perfect Shade:

So I originally purchased shade Sand 5N after swatching it in-store and I kid you not, I applied it in the correct place on the jawline and it looked like a pretty good match! Purchased it, applied it before the gym (yes I do wear foundation before the gym) and it did not match my neck at all. The colour was totally off. Round two, my sister and I are actually the same colour in foundation so she recommended to try Golden Biege 3D/W which I actually ended up purchasing from L'Oreal's Amazon page because I have Prime! Holy moly. This is a great match! So I tend to wear NC30 in MAC's Studio Fix on a daily basis and even that is slightly too orange for me! This blended in perfectly and overall gave me one colour from top to neck...

Top: 5N - Bottom: 3D/W 
Top: 5N - Bottom: 3D/W in natural day light
Top: 5N - Bottom: 3D/W Blended
Formula/Coverage:

It's very light-weight, a small squirt goes a very long way. The liquid formula blends into your skin like a dream and I used a beauty blender to apply this with, and find it instantly dissolves into your skin flawlessly. The coverage if I'm honest is just below medium, as I don't feel it covers scars and imperfections very well, but the coverage is definitely buildable which is a plus. I feel like this would be a great holiday foundation as it gives your skin a dewy finish, so probably not great for those with oily skin. 

Dupe for Giorgio Armani?

Now I wouldn't say it's a direct copy of Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk foundation however it is very, very similar in terms of the formula. The formula for True Match is in fact a little more fluid however I do find the texture, foundation and results around 90% the same.

True Match comes in 23 different shades, and I would highly advise you testing  a few colours before buying. It's not breaking the bank either at £9.99 a bottle and can be purchased from Boots, Superdrug and not forgetting Amazon!

Sabi x

No comments

01 09 10