Pixi Glow Tonic | Review


I've been testing the infamous Pixi Skin Treats Glow Tonic* for almost 3 weeks now and I'm going to be honest I'm still in two minds about this product

At the beginning of the year I fell in love with Pixi's Rose Tonic Nourishing Toner and toner overall as it wasn't something I was using at all. If you're not using a toner in your current skincare routing, digest the information from this review and honestly, go get yourself a toner girl. Anyway, it's been three weeks since I've used my beloved Rose Tonic toner and it's been a difficult journey of trying to introduce something new to my skin, especially something with Glycolic Acid.

So let's start with the basics.

What is it?
Glow Tonic is an exfoliating toner which contains 5% Glycolic Acid. Glycolic Acid is a holy grail for exfoliation as it removes the layers of dead skin from the complexion and it reveals brighter, fresher skin. Products that contain Glycolic Acid are used often to treat scarring, skin discolouration and signs of ageing, like fine lines and wrinkles. In short? It helps remove dead skin cells.

How to use it?
So on the bottle, it says to apply morning and evening however if your skin starts to feel sensitive, switch to using it in the evenings only or every other evening. You simply soak a cotton pad and gently sweep the skin after cleansing.

What skin types is it good for?
I'd say my skin is combination however sometimes it's more dry. But it can work for both! If you have dull and congested skin, of course you're going to see the best results but if your skin is quite 'clean' for instance I had a facial not too long ago which made it a little difficult to tell if it was still working...

Pros?
It definitely did remove my dead skin and boy was I shocked to see how much crap was on my skins surface on a daily basis after removing my makeup and cleansing my skin. Like to think back in the day all I would do is just remove my makeup and not properly cleanse my skin WHAT WAS I THINKING?! 

My skin definitely had that 'glow' from using this, even from the very first time I used it. It has also become brighter and cleaner.

Breakouts never got worse than they usually do.I definitely felt that Glow Tonic stopped any bacteria from a) getting worse and b) scarring which is usually the case with me skin.

It worked. It genuinely does the job. You can't deny. However do I miss using the Rose Tonic? Absolutely. I need to do my research to find out if I can use both or just change my routine so I use the Glow Tonic on the days I'm not using my Rose Tonic. These names though, gin tonic anybody?

Although from the odd spot from PMS or it could have been post-facial, I haven't broken out.

Cons?
Some days my skin did sting and I don't have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin I would advise to use it every other day or twice a week. Never go fully in with this product before testing it on your skin. Although it only has 5% Glycolic Acid which is quite low and a safe amount to use on the skin, still test the product and how your skin reacts. 

It's not really a con but you must use SPF after applying Glycolic Acid.

Rating out of 10?
8.

Where to buy Glow Tonic?
Marks & Spencer Beauty
Boots
Look Fantastic

*Gifted



















2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best Decleor Products, then visit On Sale Now. I appreciate the work you have put into this.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10